Click here to sign up for your FREE – Rig Job Search Tips – Newsletter.
Have you been wondering about the future of oil rig jobs? It was just a year ago that we were inundated with news about the oil spill from the Deepwater Horizon oil rig.
If you like to start leaning abou how to get an oil rig job then click on Free Rig Job Search Tips.
You couldn’t get away from all the media images of how the gulf was negatively impacted. And there was a great deal of talk that BP was headed for bankruptcy. At the time crews worked around the clock to plug the hole that kept billowing out the black crude.
Here it is a year later and BP is still dealing with the financial aftershock of this horrendous incident. And company executives estimate a cost of more than $40 billion before they are finished. Currently they have set aside $20 billion to handle various disaster claims.
However, an Associated Press writer…Harry R. Weber…posted an interesting news piece on April 18, 2011. He conveys a very different image for the future of oil rig jobs.
Now here are some interesting facts I gleaned from this article about oil rig jobs. You need to keep in mind we’re looking at one company. But I do think it provides an indicator.
These are just a few of the current realities of BP that took place this past year.
- BP signed oil exploration agreements with: Indonesia, China, India and Australia.
- BP signed an agreement with Russia’s state owned oil firm Rosneft, to explore the Arctic Sea.
- BP is the leading lease holder in the Gulf of Mexico for oil exploration.
- BP has applied for a permit to drill one new well in the Gulf.
- BP plans to apply for more drilling permits.
- BP announced in Feb. it made a fourth-quarter profit of $5.6 billion.
- BP saw a 30 percent increase in profits from last year.
Now I know that many of us are irate about the prices we are paying at the pumps for gas. And this Associated Press story certainly reveals that this big oil company has weathered a major storm. And one might add, they are not completely finished with that mess yet.
However, from a job seekers point of view…I think it could be argued that oil rig jobs are not coming under major threat. If anything there is tremendous room for expansion.
So there couldn’t be a better time to look for oil rig jobs. Click Free Rig Job Search Tips to get started on learning how to get an oil rig job.